Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Reading

This summer has been full of activity, but also of relaxation which means lots of reading. I can't recall everything I've read, so here's a partial list:

El Amor en los Tiempos del Cólera (Love in the Time of Cholera)
All seven Harry Potter Books
Stealing Buddha's Dinner
Artemis Fowl
Crónica de un Sueño
The Screwtape Letters
The Land
The Rise and Fall of an Urban School System: Detroit, 1907-81
A Tree for Peter

Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice

I'm currently reading Dark Dude by Oscar Hijuelos, an author whose name I've heard bantered about, though I confess not to be familiar with his work. I also started The Changing Face of Inequality: Urbanization, Industrial Development, and Immigrants in Detroit, 1880-1920, which has been informative, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it. I'll try to get up a few book reviews soon.

No comments: