I started the summer with the best of intentions, grabbing a few of the children's novels I'd added to my collection and not read yet. I've made it through a few of those. Additionally, I checked out a few "adult level" books from the university library - Los espiritus del mas alla, a collection of folk tales from Ecuador, El pez en el agua, the autobiography of Mario Vargas Llosa, Reading Don't Fix No Chevys, a book about boys and literature, and a book by Maria Brisk, Language, Culture, and Community in Teacher Education.
So far I've skipped around in Los espiritus, enjoying some of the stories and finding that others were a little too difficult for me without more knowledge of the region of Ecuador where they're set. I wish I had more time to read El pez en el agua; I've started it and I'm enjoying the light that it sheds on Vargas Llosa's other work. The other two books I've barely touched even though the subject matter really interests me. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to start on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment